You know that the breakfast is the crucial thing of your day. It should be healthy and nutritious.
Oatmeal is the best choice that you can do. The oatmeal has a lot of fibers and high complex carb content and it is regulating the blood sugar level and it is slowing the digestion. It contains a lot of minerals and vitamins. It is rich in protein, vitamin B1 and E, copper, biotin and magnesium.
This breakfast is reducing the risk of heart diseases. The oats prevent the blood sugar spike and sugar carving.
Health benefits of oats:
- Regulation of blood sugar
- Lowering the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Lowering the cholesterol
- Lowering cardiovascular disease risk
- Improved immune response
- Lowering heart failure risk
- Protects against childhood asthma
- Protects against breast cancer
- Prolonged life
- Alternative for gluten-intolerant or celiac disease patients individuals
You can add some nuts, fresh fruit, cinnamon, nutmeg, refined sugar or low-fat yogurt to the oats.
Recipe for oatmeal
- oatmeal (1/2 cup, old fashioned)
- maple syrup (1 teaspoon)
- dark brown sugar (1/2 teaspoon)
- cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon)
Boil one cup of water using a small saucepan. Put the cinnamon and the oatmeal. Lower the heat. You can stir from time to time. The water should be totally absorbed. Then, put the maple syrup and put some brown sugar on it.
One serving will give you only 176 calories. It will also give you 4 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fat. Just enjoy!