Coffee is a really controversial drink since some people claim that is had good effects and some others claim that it has bad effects on the human health.
Moreover, there are a lot of good things that we can say about coffee. Coffee reduces the risk of a lot of diseases and it is high in antioxidant.
However, it also has caffeine and that can cause some issues in some people and can affect your sleep.
We are going to show the pros and the cons of drinking coffee.
Coffee contains vitamins and antioxidants
8 oz (240 ml) cup of coffee is full of:
- Vitamin B1 – Thiamin
- Vitamin B3 -Niacin
- Vitamin B2 -Riboflavin
- Vitamin B5 -Pantothenic Acid
The amount of vitamins may not be a great but the best thing is that coffee also has a lot of antioxidants.
Coffee has caffeine which stimulates the function of the brain and it boost the metabolism
Caffeine is the most commonly taken psychoactive substance in the world. Caffeine is a stimulant. It blocks the function of a brain hormone known as Adenosine.
Caffeine can cause a short-term energy boost; it improves the function of the brain, the metabolic rates and the exercise performances.
Some other benefits of coffee:
- Coffee protects the brain in old age and it can reduce the risk of Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s;
- Coffee lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes;
- Coffee lowers the risk of liver disease;
- Coffee also lowers the risk of suicide and depression;
- Some studies have shown that coffee drinkers tend to live longer.
Which are the negative things of drinking coffee?
- It can cause disrupt in your sleep and anxiety;
- Coffee can be addictive.
Despite the fact that it has been considered as a bad thing in the past, evidence show that coffee is very healthy for the majority of people. Coffee is a healthy beverage like green tea.