When you hear the word empath, what do you think of first? In most cases, people see empaths as weak and broken. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. Just because they’re so emotional doesn’t make them weak. In fact, empaths are pretty strong and can make everything better as they cannot stand suffering.
These people are deeply emotional and that makes them easy prey for narcissists. Empaths are hoping to make the world a better place so they’re attracted to narcissists. However, narcissists don’t want to make the world a better place – they would rather see it burn.
These people only care for themselves and never about others. More often than not, they’ll enter in a relationship with an empath and see them destroyed. Empaths don’t even see it coming until it’s too late.
If you’re an empath, you can learn what to expect from such a relationship below.
- Empaths adore love while narcissists adore control. Those two things will eventually clash and cause big problems in your relationship.
- Empaths truly believe they’ve found their soulmate when they start dating narcissists. The narcissist will confirm everything the empath thinks in the beginning. That’s his way of luring the victim in.
- After a while, the empath will think that the relationship is going great and the narcissist will confirm it.
- The narcissist will say that they need the empath but won’t let them do certain things. In the end, empaths only feel dependent on them.
- After a while, the empath will feel helpless. They have already been caught in the narcissist’s web who will at this point start gaslighting their victims.
- As the relationship grows, empaths will do whatever it takes to help their partner stop suffering. This is proof that the narcissist’s tricks work.
- Bit by bit, the empath falls further into the narcissist’s web and it completely changes their character. They end up being a shell of themselves and that’s when the mental problems start.
- The narcissist will continue digging deeper, deconstructing the empath’s true persona. Even if the relationship comes to an end, the empath will always feel like they were doing something wrong.
- After the narcissist is done with his plan, they’ll move on to other toxic relationships, wasting someone else’s life.
Don’t let this happen to you. If you’re deeply attached to your partner, yet you’ve recognized some of these signs, it’s time to raise your voice. Don’t let yourself fall victim to the narcissist. If you like to get out of it unscathed, you’ll need to fight for yourself.