The iron is very important for the health since it has a main part in a lot of processes which happen in your organism.
Some of the iron sources are:
- red meat and
A lot of foods contain iron. However, lots of individuals have a lack of iron because it isn’t every time good adjusted to the body of the person. The body can’t absorb the iron that comes from the food which has been ingested. It can’t transfer and accumulate it in the body.
Moreover, men should receive 9 mg of iron a day, adolescents and women need 18 mg a day.
Furthermore, it is recommended that women should have 9 mg every day in the menstruation course and around 20 mg if the woman is pregnant. The iron improves the fetus health and it is great for the breastfeeding.
If you have iron deficiency has the following symptoms:
- Weak immunity;
- Pale skin;
- Lower mental and physical function;
The iron deficiency can happen because of:
- Imbalanced vegetable diet or a diet that is iron deficient;
- You need more iron because you are pregnant or you are breastfeeding;
- A lowered iron accumulations because of gluten intolerance, intestinal conditions, etc.
- Massive blood loss like during giving birth or menstruation.
10 vegetables which are rich in iron, and can improve your health:
- Nuts (figs, dates, hazelnuts, almonds, pistachios)
- Dark chocolate
- Mung bean and other legumes
- Pumpkin seeds Source:thehealthy-lifestyle.com