Did you know that tea tree is growing in Australia? Its leaves and twigs are utilized for extraction of oil of the tea tree. It is also called Melaleuca. This extraction can be performed by steam distillation. This oil is really beneficial for your health.
Tea tree oil can be used to treat:
- Cuts and infections – put a couple of drops of tea tree oil and cover the area with a bandage.
- Acnes- you need 2 tablespoons of honey and 5 droplets of this oil. Then, put this on the face. Rub the face and let it stay for a minute and wash it.
- Psoriasis and eczema – make a mix of 5 droplets of tea tree oil, 5 droplets of lavender and one teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Toenail Fungus– put tree tea oil on the affected area. For more stubborn infection, you need to make a mixture with oregano oil.
- Oral Health – it decreases the decay and the gum bleeding. Prepare a mix of baking soda, coconut oil and tea tree oil.
- Scalp and hair – the oil treats problems with dandruff. Mix it with aloe vera gel, lavender oil and a couple drops of coconut oil and prepare a shampoo that is completely natural.
It can also be used for:
- Cleaning – you can clean the countertops, sinks, kitchen appliance, the shower if you use a mix of vinegar, essential oil of lemon, water and tea tree oil.
- Mold – diffuse this oil in the air and you can also diffuse some on the curtains in your bathroom.
- Deodorant- mix it with baking soda and coconut oil and get a natural deodorant.
However, don’t drink tea tree oil – it can be toxic. Keep the oil away from kids and test the oil before you use it. Put a few droplets on the skin and wait 24 hours to see the reaction.
If your skin is sensitive, you can mix this oil with equal part of coconut oil, almond oil or olive oil.