If you have adrenal burnout that means that the adrenal glands had overworked. That has resulted in unbalanced hormones and low cortisol.
Is the adrenal fatigue a hoax?
Some doctors say that adrenal fatigue is a hoax. However, the adrenal fatigue it isn’t a disease for which the doctors can prescribe a drug. The adrenal fatigue is a dysfunction between the adrenal glands and the brain.
How you can notice whether you have adrenal fatigue?
There are a lot of symptoms. You can notice:
- brain fog
- weight gain
- sugar or/and salt craving
- the so called 3 pm crash
- increased susceptibility to being sick
- decreased ability to handle stress, feeling frazzled
- digestive issues such as constipation, bloating and diarrhea
- insomnia or waking up around 4am, unable to get to sleep
- inability to focus
- low sex drive
- hot flashes/ PMS associated with the menopause
What can cause adrenal fatigue?
- Stress- One of the main reasons is strong emotional stress that can be caused by losing a job, injury, divorce, death or some positive stresses like marriage and a baby. Stress can cause imbalance of the hormones in the body.
- Diet – unhealthy food (refined or processed, irregular meals, etc.)
- Pains (chronic inflammation)
- Inflammations of the digestive tract and microbial imbalance: parasites, candida, SIBO, dybiosis, pylori
- Lack of good sleep
- Autoimmune condition
- Thinning hair
What you need to do to reverse the adrenal burnout?
- Testing of the saliva to determine your cortisol level
- Restore the circadian rhythm
- Sleep, at least eight hours every night. Got to bed by ten pm.
- Eat regularly to maintain the blood sugar stable
- Consume enough calories
- Eat hormone-building, foods rich in nutrients and good fat
- Stop drinking too much coffee
- support your digestion with probiotic food
- take vitamin C and minerals
- use adaptogenic herb (maca, schizandra, rhodiola, ashwaganda, holy basil, licorice root, adrenatone)
- take B vitamin
- address the stress in relationships, your job.