A lack of a nutrient may have a huge impact on your health. The diet of the Americans has really changed over the years. That has resulted in the appearance of a lot of health problems never seen before.
To have a deficiency of a nutrient is very frequent. One of the most common is magnesium deficiency. Almost 80 percent of the Americans do not take enough magnesium.
A research has revealed that around 25 percents of the Americans get the recommended daily dose of 400 to 420 for man and 310 to 320 mg for women.
Why is hard to consume enough magnesium?
In the past, they could consume more magnesium easily. The food that they ate was enough to get the daily recommended dose of magnesium.
Nowadays, the magnesium is not so present in the soil like before. The modern farming and the erosion reduced the level of magnesium in the soil.
There is another reason for deficiency of magnesium, people eat a lot of unhealthy food. They don’t eat dark leafy greens, nuts, mackerels, seeds, beans, etc. and this food has a lot of magnesium in it.
32 signs that you must have a deficiency of magnesium
- Blood clot
- Bowel diseases
- Deficiency of calcium
- Difficulty when swallowing
- Fertility/childbearing problems such as preterm labor, preeclampsia, to get or to stay pregnant
- High blood pressure
- Heart problems
- Kidney and liver diseases
- Loss of memory
- Muscle cramp
- Personality changes which are often like the symptoms of depression, anxiety and other different mood disorders
- Deficiency of potassium – may cause fluid retention, extreme thirst, fluid retention, irritability
- Raynaud’s syndrome- might cause cold toes or fingers, color change in your skin due to change of temperature and numbness in your extremities
- Respiratory difficulty
- Decay of a tooth
- Diabetes Type II
How to solve the problem?
You need to eat more foods which contain magnesium like the ones we already mentioned above.
If you still need more magnesium, you can take supplements (a capsule a day is ok)
However, be careful – some supplements have fillers such as wheat, sugar, preservatives, gluten, etc.
A lot of people recommend the Women’s MULTIpro since it is enough also for other nutritional need such as vitamin A and B1, chromium, zinc, biotin, and iodine.