The new statistic of the WHO (The World Health Organization) shows that more people are being killed now by smoking than in 2000. Actually around seven million people a year and that is a little less than double than in the year 2000.
Smoking is the first on the list, ahead of obesity, that causes preventable deaths in the world.
A lot of people are trying to stop smoking. Most of them find it difficult to do so and the numbers show that 70 % of the people who want to stop smoking do not succeed in that. The numbers of smokers that quit smoking on their first attempt is about 7%.
In order to inspire you to stop smoking, we are going to show you the positive things that will happen in your organism after you quit smoking.
We hope that these facts will help you quit smoking on an easy way.
Health benefits that you will notice after you stopped smoking:
- Better circulation and blood flow and normal blood pressure in your body which will be noticeable just 20 minutes after the last cigarette.
- Carbon monoxide in your blood will be cut almost in half after 8 hours. That will help your body to clear the dangerous bacteria and the irritants in your blood because you will receive more oxygen in your blood cells.
- The chances of getting a heart attack are lowering 48 hours after you quit smoking. After 48 hours, the nicotine level in your blood will totally vanish from your body. Now you get all the senses back – you feel the smells and the tastes as they really are.
- Only three days after you last cigarette, you will breathe easier than before since your bronchial tubes have been relaxed. You will have more energy and that will motivate you even more to quit smoking forever.
- The function of the lungs will be improved by 30 % in the period in between two weeks and two months after you stopped smoking. You will also feel better circulation in your body.
- You will be stop coughing and you will not be troubled by respiratory problems and congestion after the period between three and nine months. Your organism will improve the ability to clean the bacteria from the lungs and it will improve the capability of handling mucus. All this will be allowed by the fibers in the tubes of the bronchia which will be increased.
- One year after the last puff, there is a reduction of the possibility to have a heart attack by half. At this point you will have energy like all the people who do not smoke.
- After 5 years of non-smoking your chances of getting a stroke will be the same as a non-smoker.
- The damages of your lungs made by smoking will be reverted effectively 10 years after you stopped smoking. Actually, the chances of getting a cancer on your lungs are equal with an individual that has never smoked in his/her life.
- Fifteen years after you quit smoking, the risk of having major problems with the heart is same as the people who have never smoked.