Many people are exposed to toxic mold each day by ingestion, touch, or breathing without even knowing that. Around twenty-eight percent of people who live in North America are genetically predisposed to develop severe reactions to mold exposure.
Mold toxicity is a problem that takes place when the mold is found indoors as well as the toxins build up in the belongings and air. Mold may flourish in water-damaged buildings and damp areas that are poorly ventilated.
It may start with the aftermath of a flood, a plumbing problem, or a leak in the roof. Each place water travels, mold may suddenly develop in wood, underneath carpeting, behind drywall, and in poor construction materials.
Moreover, approximately 50% of the U.S. buildings have some kind of water damage that may encourage mold growth. Mold usually occurs in the organic materials (such as drywall and carpet) that have been removed or have not dried fully (within twenty-four to forty-eight hours) or buildings that have leaked.
Most people are not familiar with the fact that there’s hidden mold, as well. For instance, in case you have had a roof leak or toilet overflow and you did not get dehumidifiers running right away, it is probably that there is hidden mold. In order to lower the risk for mold whenever you have a leak, you should cut out wet drywall, remove baseboards, and remove wet hardwood floor or carpet.
Another problem is that water sources are usually hidden. Perhaps your windows were installed with improper flashing, so that water may come in when it rains. Also, it may occur with every exit to the outside, including doors, vents, and chimneys.
This means that a flashing defect on your chimney may lead to mold, because rain water may run down between your walls, activating the mold. However, it may not get wet enough that you could notice it through the paint.
What’s more, you should also pay attention to basements, crawl spaces, carpeting, places where you have condensation, behind wallpaper, HVAC systems, shower pans, AC drains, plumbing, and water lines to appliances.
If you do not do invasive testing, hidden mold may be extremely hard to spot.
Furthermore, if the humidity exceeds 60%, mold may also grow on a variety of surfaces, like carpeting, sofas, shoes, and more. So, try to keep your indoor humidity lower than 50% (even when you’re gone on vacation).
What most people don’t know is that mold may make them sick or even be fatal
Mold is silent and can threaten your health and well-being. So, do not overlook the devastating impact that mold may have on your body. In case you do not manage mold growth, it may weaken your immune system.
When you’re experiencing mold toxicity, you may be left frustrated and confused attempting to detect the underlying cause of your health issues.
In addition to having mold in the environment, there’s mold in food, as well. Additionally, mold growth on your food may provide dangerous doses of mycotoxins. Mycotoxins are toxic, invisible chemicals released by mold. They’re hard, but not impossible, to get rid of.
Foods that may contain high amounts of mycotoxins include nuts, chocolate, grains, wine, and coffee. If you’re sensitive to mold in your surroundings, you may be more prone to the yeast or mold in your food.
What’s more, these mycotoxins may travel through your body, affecting your joints, nervous system, immune system, and more. This may change the way you feel, think and live.
Aside from mycotoxins, mold may also create allergens or irritants, which induce reactions related to your sensitivities.
Here Are the Early, Warning Signs of Long-Term Mold Exposure:
Long-term mold toxicity is often misdiagnosed due to its set of symptoms, which resemble other syndromes and illnesses. It is frequently mistaken for Fibromyalgia, Lyme Disease, Celiac Disease, and Chronic Fatigue.
Long-term mold exposure can result in the following symptoms:
– Neurocognitive issues
– Sleep problems
– Mood swings
– Memory loss, confusion, and brain fog
– Sensitivity to light
– Tingling and numbness
– High inflammation levels
– Auto-immune problems
– Blurred vision
– Weight gain or weight loss
– Food sensitivities or GI problems
– Joint pain
If you have a weakened immune system, you may develop a serious infection of your skin, eyes, or lungs due to molds.
Here Is How to Decrease Your Risk of Developing These Serious Infections:
Unfortunately, the majority of healthcare professionals aren’t fully aware of the symptoms and effects of mold toxicity, even though mold is getting more mainstream media coverage worldwide.
In case you think mold may be a problem for you, the first thing you need to do is to get informed in order to tackle it. When you eliminate the threat of mold, your body will probably respond with a recovery protocol as well as return to normal.
Here is what you need to do:
– Get informed
You need to watch a comprehensive documentary, Moldy the Movie, which does cover mold experiences, diagnosis, treatments, and resources from the world’s most influential mold experts, doctors, patients, and professional contractors.
– Test for mold exposure in your home and office
The ERMI is one of the most frequently used tests, which was originally designed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Take samples from the place where you spend most of your time, including your home and your office. You must test your space first, as disturbing mold spores may only aggravate the situation.
– Consider working with a mold remediation professional to figure out any mold source in your space
In case your space tested positive for mold, consider working with a mold remediation professional to figure out any mold source in your home or office. Also, consider using a contractor grade drying system.
You need to clear air exchanges, repair leaks, and remove mold. Afterwards, test once again to ensure that any spore is removed before you move back in.
– Make certain changes in your diet
Minimize your consumption of foods, which include or feed fungus, yeast or mold, such as sugars and carbohydrates. You should also take high-quality supplements, which may help in the recovery and toxin elimination, including activated charcoal or Glutathione.
– Try to find a doctor who is familiar with mold toxicity
Try to find a doctor who is familiar with mold toxicity or who is trained in the Shoemaker Protocol. Also, make sure your body goes through a proper process of detoxification.