One of the healthiest foods nowadays is definitely turmeric. It has been used in the Ayurveda for 4,000 years.
This amazing spice which is yellow in color can improve any of your drinks or dishes!
Health Benefits Of Turmeric
This spice is full of more than 100 different compounds like curcumin. Their effects are carminative, antimicrobial, choleretic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant.
People mostly use it in cases of chicken pox, chronic anterior uveitis, rheumatoid arthritis, smallpox, conjunctivitis, wound healing, skin cancer, liver ailments and urinary tract infections, but also to decrease menstrual problems, abdominal pain, colic, jaundice, loss of appetite, gallbladder and liver problems etc.
It can also help you in cases of inflammatory conditions like arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, depression etc.
Here are some other benefits:
- Reverses cognitive decline
- Fights inflammation better than NSAIDs and in a natural way
- Decreases the risk of heart disease
- Fights the damage made by the free radicals
- Boosts hormone function
- Prevents cancer
- Fights Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease
These Are The Best 14 Turmeric Drinks Which Will Promote Your Wellness and Health
Curry can’t be eaten every day, but you can consume this amazing spice in numerous different ways!
- Golden Turmeric Milk
This is the best recipe to take in the morning and start your day positively.
- 1 teaspoon of dried ginger powder
- 2 cups of homemade nut or coconut milk
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried turmeric powder
- Honey (to taste)
The milk should be heated on medium. When it starts to steam, add the spices. Simmer everything for several minutes. Leave it to cool down for 10 minutes. Drink it hot!
- Turmeric Smoothie
This is an amazing smoothie recipe!
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ a banana
- 1 cup of frozen mango
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
Combine all of the ingredients in a blender of high power. Everything should be smooth. If you want the texture to be improved, add more coconut milk or water. Drink it right away!
- Turmeric Tea
This is a complex tea full of flavor. It will help you warm your body up when the day is cold.
- A pinch of nutmeg powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder
- A pinch of clove powder
- 1 or 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger root
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Raw honey (optional)
- Coconut milk (optional)
Take a small saucepan and boil the water in it. When it starts to boil, decrease the heat and combine all the spices inside. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. After that, you can strain it. It should be served hot. If you want to, you can add milk and honey.
- Turmeric Water with Black Pepper
This is an amazing recipe which is prepared quickly.
- 1 teaspoon of coconut or olive oil (optional)
- ½ a teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric
Combine all of the ingredients into a glass of water. Drink it right away!
- Turmeric Latte
This is a very healthy alternative for your coffee latte that is full of calories.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Raw honey
- 1 tablespoon of ginger root (freshly grated)
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 cup of unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon of turmeric root (freshly grated)
The milk should be heated on medium heat. Combine all of the ingredients except for the honey. Leave it to boil. Then, decrease the heat and let it simmer for 5 or 10 minutes. After that, leave it to cool down for 10 minutes. Add the honey in the end and stir it well. Serve the beverage!
- Turmeric Lemon Tea
It’s a type of tea that will fill you up with energy!
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 cup of boiling water
- Honey to taste
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of turmeric
Put all of the ingredients together except for the honey into a mug with boiling water. Stir them well and add the honey to sweeten it.
- Turmeric Tonic
This is an amazing tonic full of electrolytes. It is also very taste. Use it to hydrate well after a very hot day.
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 3 cups of coconut water
- 1 lime chopped into quarters and then squeezed
- ½ a cup of fresh ginger slices
- 1 tablespoon of ground turmeric
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- ¼ of a teaspoon of cardamom
Put all of the ingredients into a glass jar that has a lid. Keep it in the fridge throughout the night. Leave it at room temperature before you serve it.
- Turmeric Kombucha
It is full of probiotic. Adding some turmeric will make it more nutritious.
- 1 gallon of unflavored kombucha (homebrewed)
- 1 glass jar that can keep 1 gallon of liquid and has tight lids
- 2 teaspoons of fresh grated turmeric (you can also use 1 teaspoon of ground dried turmeric)
- ½ a green apple that you’ll cut into matchsticks
- 2 teaspoons of fresh grated ginger (you can also use 1 teaspoon of ground dried ginger)
Put the fresh kombucha without the scoby inside the jar. Make sure there are several inches of headspace at the top. Put the apple matchstick along with the spices in the jar.
This kind of a prepared jar should stay at room temperature for 3 or 5 days. The lid should be removed for several seconds every day so that the fermentation gas which has been gathered can be relieved.
The brew should be fizzy. Then, you can eliminate the pieces of apple. Put the jar in the fridge. You should use this fizzy drink for 2 or 3 weeks.
- Turmeric Chai
This is a very smooth tea that is spicy and comforting!
- 4 black tea bags
- 2 and ¼ of cups of water
- 1 and ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ of a teaspoon of ground cloves
- A small pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of ground coriander
- ¾ of a teaspoon of raw coconut sugar
- 1/8 of a teaspoon of turmeric
- ¾ of a cup of coconut milk
- ¼ of a cup of tea concentrate
Combine all of the ingredients apart from the vanilla and the tea bags in a small pan. Leave it to boil. Remove it from the heat and then add the vanilla with the tea bags.
Let it steep for 10 minutes.
Strain it and keep it in the fridge for 7 days into a sealable container.
For 1 latte, you’ll have to combine some turmeric, coconut milk and coconut sugar into a small saucepan.
Put it over medium heat and let it boil. Then, remove it from the heat. Create some milk foam with an immersion blender or a milk frother.
Take ¼ of the previously prepared tea concentrate and combine it with the mixture of warm milk into a glass. Stir everything well. Add some cinnamon.
- Turmeric Coffee
Use some cinnamon and turmeric to spice up your cup of coffee.
- 3/8 of a teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ½ a teaspoon of coconut oil
- 8 ounces of strong coffee
- ½ a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- raw honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of grass-fed unsalted butter
Take the coffee and brew it along with the turmeric and cinnamon. Leave it to cool down a bit. Put it in a blender with the raw honey, coconut oil and butter. Blend it well until it becomes smooth. Serve it into a mug.
- Superfood Hot Chocolate
This is the healthiest recipe for hot chocolate!
- 3 cardamom crushed pods
- 1 can of full-fat coconut milk
- ⅛ of a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ a cup of filtered water
- ¼ of a teaspoon of cinnamon powder or 1 stick of cinnamon
- ½ a teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ½ a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao
First, you have to warm up the water with the coconut milk, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon, cardamom and sea salt. Let it simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. Turn down the heat and then add the vanilla and the raw cacao. Stir it well to combine everything. Serve it with some honey after you’ve strained it.
- Anti-inflammatory Sparking Turmeric Juice
This is the best thing you can use instead of soda!
2 or 3 large carrots
¼ of a large pineapple (all of the parts should be used)
sparkling mineral water
1/8 or ¼ of a teaspoon of turmeric powder
The pineapple and the carrots should be juiced to obtain 1 and ½ cups of juice. Put it in a glass. It should be filled to the half. Stir it well while you add the turmeric slowly. Put the sparkling water in the end!
- Paleo Sports Drink
It’s a better drink than a Gatorade!
- 2-inch piece of peeled and chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- 2-inch piece of peeled and chopped turmeric
- ½ a cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 cups + 4 cups of filtered water
Combine the water, turmeric and ginger into a saucepan. Boil them on high. Reduce the heat and leave the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes. Turn the heat down and then you can add the honey. Stir it well. Let it cool down. After that, eliminate the turmeric and ginger and put the mixture in a jar which has a lid. Combine it with 2 cups of lemon juice and water. Stir it and drink it. Keep the rest of it in the fridge.
- Spiced Matcha Latte
One of the best superfoods is definitely Matcha. It’s abundant in nutrients!
- 1 teaspoon of Matcha powder
- 3 oz of boiled water
- ⅛ of a teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ of a teaspoon of cinnamon
- ⅛ of a teaspoon of ginger
- honey (to taste)
- 8 oz of warmed non-dairy milk
The milk should be heated on medium heat in a small saucepan. Boil the water in a separate pan. Put it into a small bowl. Combine the ginger, Matcha, turmeric and cinnamon. Whisk them well. Put the Matcha mixture with the warm milk into a mug. Stir it well. Combine it with the honey. Use it when it’s warm.
These are the healthiest turmeric drinks you can use and enjoy their amazing health benefits!