Olive oil is one of the most helpful natural remedy for varicose veins. These do not only look bad, they also cause pain and discomfort. It can stop you to move in a normal way.
Pregnant and older women are really affected by this condition. This is due to hormonal influence. Actually, the veins lose the elasticity.
Signs that show that you have varicose veins:
- Bulging and twisted appearance of the veins (it looks like a cord)
- Dark purple or blue color
The painful symptoms and signs can involve:
- Achy and heavy feeling in the legs
- Muscle cramping , burning, throbbing and swelling in the lower legs
- You feel worsened pain after sitting or standing longer
- Skin ulcer near the ankles, vein hardening, change in color, inflammations, (asks for medical attention)
- Painful cords with red skin discoloration
Risk Factor for Varicose Veins:
· Gender – women (pregnancy, menstruation and menopause can be the cause)
· Obesity – the extra weight adds pressure on the veins
· Family History – if someone in your family has it, you have greater chances to have varicose veins
· Long standing or sitting
Treat varicose veins on a natural way
Unfortunately, most treatments are not effective since the varicose veins cover the whole leg. However, olive oil gives effective results and can help you in the treatment of the varicose veins.
The olive oil treatment treats the symptoms, and prevents complication as: bleeding and sores. It also slows the progress. Use olive oil in order to avoid surgery.
What to do?
Clean the skin on your leg. Heat the extra virgin oil of olive. Put it on the affected areas. Use circular motion to massage the legs. Start with the feet and continue up.
You need to press the areas with a gentle touch. You will be improving the blood circulation and the inflammation and the pain will be decreased. The skin will be absorbing the oil and will be great for detoxifying the organism. It will provide you with healthy fat such as omega-three. It should stay for the night.
Do this every day and you will cure this condition.