A very popular staple that we all use is the instant ramen noodles. The original ramen noodles made with floor and with no additives are not a serious problem, but the inexpensive instant noodles are totally additive- fest.
Youths that live on campuses and want to save some money- use instant noodles very often.
Moreover, in Asia, instant noodles are even more popular. They are inexpensive, quick and easy way to be full. But, do you know how these noodles affect the health?
- Instant noodles contain a lot of sodium – one packet has 1 875 mg. Sodium causes kidney dysfunction, high blood pressure and hypertension.
- Instant noodles are rich in MSG – this is specific sodium contained in the preserved foods. It provokes chest pain, flushing, migraines and even increases the cancer risk
- Preservatives can affect absorption of the nutrients in your body- noodles have a lot of preservatives and they can cause long-term issues such as absorption issues and nutrients deficiency
- Instant noodles have antifreeze – there is a study that links propylene glycol (antifreeze) to an increased liver cancer risk.
- Instant noodles are connected to plasticizer contamination – the additives called plasticizers increase the flexibility of a non-food item. In 2011 and 2012, some Chinese noodles were contaminated with plasticizers on a toxic level – some of them are exported to the USA. They cause damage to the digestive tract and increase the risk of hepatic and gastrointestinal cancer.
- Instant noodles have a lot of unhealthy ingredients
Instant noodles and the packet sauces can contain Tertiary Butylhydroquinone (TBHQ), corn syrup and canola oil. The first preservative is added in biodiesel, lacquers and perfumes. Source:www.herbs-info.com