Stomach pain is something we’ve all experienced. It sometimes appears because of some kind of a stomach discomfort as well as because of too much gas. You’ve probably noticed that sometimes you burp very loudly in order to relieve your stomach from all that gas. One thing that can really help you discover if you have problems with the levels of stomach acids in your stomach is baking soda! Yes, it’s the one we all have at home and use in endless ways!
The test we’re going to present you shouldn’t substitute a real diagnostic test. You can do it at home and you only need water and baking soda! In case the discomfort in your stomach is becoming unbearable, you should visit a doctor.
Take a look at the test:
Combine ¼ of a teaspoon of baking soda with 1 glass of water. Stir this well. Drink it before you see
the effervescence disappears. This is in other words the bubbles that appear as soon as you combine water with baking soda. You have to drink this while your stomach is empty!
Burping within several minutes will mean that you have enough acid in your stomach. When the baking soda gets inside your stomach, it creates a reaction with those digestive acids. The creation is carbon dioxide. The burp is actually carbon dioxide.
In case you can’t burp even up to 5 minutes, you don’t have enough digestive acids in your stomach.
In case you are flatulated and severe belching appears, then there is a greater quantity of stomach acids. In this case, you’ll need a medical consultation.
In this article, we’re also going to present you some interesting ways to include baking soda and decrease bloating, acidity, acidosis as well as other gastrointestinal problems.
Baking Soda With Lemon Juice
You’ll need 1 glass of water or 250 ml.
Take ½ a lemon and squeeze it inside.
Then, add ½ or ¼ of a teaspoon of baking soda.
In case you can’t drink it because it’s too bland, you can also add a pinch or two of salt.
If you want to relieve bloating faster, you can also use lukewarm instead of regular water.
Baking Soda With Apple Cider Vinegar
Combine 250 ml of water with 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
Then, add ½ a teaspoon of baking soda.
You can drink this 2 times a day and you’ll eliminate belching, flatulence and acid reflux.
Baking Soda With Peppermint Tea Or Chamomile Tea
Combine 250 ml of water with peppermint or chamomile tea.
Then, add ½ a teaspoon of baking soda.
This shouldn’t be consumed more than 2 times every day.
Baking soda or in other words, sodium bicarbonate is a very strong antacid. If you use it excessively, it might cause different health problems.
Here are some measures to have in mind when you use baking soda:
- You always have to take it on an empty stomach.
- The mixtures we’ve presented you with shouldn’t be taken more than 2 or 3 times every day. In case you feel like you should use baking soda after 2 weeks, you need to visit your doctor right away.
- If you use baking soda too much, you might acquire alkalosis e.g. an imbalance in the blood because of acid-alkali. There will be more alkali than acid.
- As we have already said, baking soda is full of sodium, so people who need to consume smaller amounts of sodium as well as people who have high blood pressure must use it cautiously and in smaller amounts.
- People who take medicines against hypertension or heart problems, steroids or blood thinners need to see if their doctor will allow them to consume baking soda at all. It can be really dangerous to combine baking soda with some medicines.
- It would be better to cure any gastric problem than to try and prevent it. If you have too much gases, you’ll experience heartburn, but if you have too little of them, you’ll have indigestion. You can make sure you have a healthy gut environment if you avoid foods which produce gas or you follow a healthier diet. You must be aware that our gut is very important. Try to avoid stress, too.