Strokes are the third leading cause of death in the US. They are also one of the leading causes for disabilities that are long-termed. Each year about 795,000 people have a stroke in the US. About 140, 000 die and some of them stay disabled. Risk factors for a stroke are:
- high cholesterol
- diabetes, etc.
Unfortunately, 1 in 3 adults in the United States has at least one of those conditions.
In this article, we offer you five supplements which can prevent a stroke:
- DPA fatty acids (eat fish, seafood, grass-fed )
- Cacao (eat high- quality dark chocolate which contains at least seventy percent cacao)
- Fiber (eat whole grains, oatmeal, nut, citrus fruit, celery, carrot, berry, bean, barley, apple)
- Potassium (eat pure juice of orange, sweet potatoes, squash, fat-free yogurt, banana, avocado)
- Folic acids (eat turnip green, spinach, peas, okra, nuts, dried beans, Brussels sprout, broccoli, avocado)
Take care and keep your heart healthy by eating these foods, by getting regular exercise and by having a healthy weight.