Kidney failure may happen if you use a lot of medicines. In this article, we are going to talk about top ten medicines that cause kidney failure.
These are the ten drugs which damage the kidneys:
- nonsteroidale antiinflammatorial medicines (NSAID) such as aspirin, naproxen, buprofen, etc.
- indinavir (used for HIV)
- tenofovir (used for HIV)
- acyclovir (Zovirax) used for herpes contamination
- trimethadione (Tridione) – deals with seizures
- phenytoin (from the brand called Dilantin).
- Celecoxib [brand title Celebrex].
In fact, two medicines rofecoxib from the brand Vioxx and valdecoxib from the brand Bextra were withdrawn from the market because of cardio toxicity.
Radiation treatment drug:
- mitomycins C;
- propylthiouracil- used for therapy of overactive thyroid gland
High blood pressure medicines:
- captopril from the brand Capoten
Acid reflux drug from proton pump motor inhibitor courses:
- pantoprazoles from the brand called Protonix,
- omeprazoles from the brand Prilosec,
- esomeprazole from the brands Nexium and Esotrex,
- lansoprazole from the brand Prevacid
- and rabeprazole from the brands Rabecid Aciphex.
Lithium used to treat bipolar ailment.
Arthritis rheumatoide drug:
- – infliximab from the brand called Remicade,
- hydroxychloroquines and
- chloroquine- used to treat systemic lupus, malarias, rheumatoid arthritis symptom.