You’ve certainly read about some of the best ways for body detoxification, relaxation and magnesium supply. They include Epsom foot soaks and Epsom salt baths. These salts are appearing naturally and they include pure mineral compounds with magnesium and sulfate. They can mostly be found in a saline spring in a place in England called Epsom, Surrey.
Experts recommend it for a variety of uses, but the most popular are adding them into hot baths. In this way, the sulfate and the magnesium become broken down easily, so our skin and bloodstream absorb them very fast. All of the toxins are eliminated through reverse osmosis.
Our body needs magnesium for different functions. We need it for over 325 enzymes. The sulfates are necessary for our nervous and skin tissue as well as for healthy joints.
Epsom salt baths can help us against:
- Tight muscles and stiff joints
- Complications from sunburns
- Ingrown toenails
- Poor circulation
- Swollen and tired feet
- Insulin sensitivity
- Arthritis pain and swelling
- Soreness from diarrhea
People have been using Epsom salt baths for numerous centuries. When we’re stressed, the level of adrenaline in our body becomes increased while the levels of magnesium are reduced. These salt baths help us calm down our mind and body, so the tension is decreased thanks to the magnesium they offer.
Magnesium also increases the production of a chemical in our brain that improves our mood. It’s called serotonin. Also the stamina and the energy become increased.
The quality of your sleep will become improved by using these salt baths before going to bed.
Here, we’ve also prepared you an interesting recipe for a warm Epsom salt baths! Say goodbye to any migraine, chronic pain, ache, stress etc. Detox your mind and body quickly and effectively!
Epsom Salt Bath Recipe
- 1 or 2 cups of Epsom salt
- from 10 to 20 drops of lavender essential oil (optional)
- 1/3 of a cup of apple cider vinegar (optional)
- 1 cup of baking soda (optional)
Put warm water in your bathtub and then put the salts in it. You can use this kind of a bath for 20 minutes every day 3 times a week.
The effects of these Epsom salt baths can be improved if you add apple cider vinegar, baking soda, essential oils etc.
Lavender oil will increase the relaxation of your mind and body.
The detoxifying properties of the bath will be increased by adding apple cider vinegar. You’ll also manage to eliminate microbial or fungal infections as well as acquire good pH balance of your skin.
There are also strong antifungal and cleansing qualities in the baking soda. Your skin will be soft without any irritations.
Just make sure you use the proper amount of Epsom salt according to your body weight:
- Children under 60 lbs (27 Kg) should use ½ a cup to a standard size bath
- Individuals between 60-100 lbs (27 kg- 45 kg) should use 1 cup
- Individuals between 100-150 lbs (45 kg – 68 kg) should use 1½ cups
- Individuals over 150 lbs (68 kg) should use 2 cups
With the Epsom salt foot soaks you’ll manage to treat hammertoe, weak immune system, gout, tarsal tunnel syndrome inflammation, plantar fasciitis, athlete’s foot, sprains, corns and calluses, toenail fungus, painful bunions, flat feet, muscle soreness and bruises, etc.
Just take a larger bucket and fill it with hot water. Add the Epsom salt inside and let your feet soak in it for 10 minutes. This procedure can be repeated 3 times a week.
There are also many other health benefits that you can obtain from the Epsom salt: eliminates constipation, is a natural teeth whitener, treats your dry scalp, your hair becomes voluminous etc.
You can also use this amazing type of salt in the garden:
- You can obtain a great hand wash if you combine it with some baby oil
- It cleans your bathroom tiles
- You can prevent slugs if you sprinkle it close to the entry points
- Use it to eliminate any detergent buildup in your washing machines
- In the garden and on the lawn, it can help you eliminate and repel plant pests
- Fertilize your plants with Epsom salts
- The green color of your plants will be supplied with the help of the vital nutrients from the magnesium sulfate crystals found in Epsom salt!
Most of the health stores and pharmacies have Epsom salt, so buy it today and optimize your health!