Cucumbers are really delicious and refreshing veggies. They are incredibly healthy. Cucumbers are full of nutrients, electrolytes and water. The best thing is that they have very low calories.
These vegetables are part of the Cucurbitaceae family together with pumpkins, melons and squash. They are native to the Himalayan plans (northern part) of India. Nowadays, they grow everywhere in the world.
They are full of vitamins C, B, K, potassium, copper, and manganese. They also have polyphenols and other useful compounds which lower the risk of a lot of chronic diseases.
Here are some reasons to eat cucumbers every day:
- Tasty vegetable – add it in your salads, appetizers and juices.
- Detoxifies the body – removes the extra waste
- They can regulate your blood pressure, lower your cholesterol and can fight diabetes.
- They can improve the function of the kidneys
- Cucumbers improve your immunity
- They improve your skin
- They also moisturize your body
- Cucumbers improve the health of your joints
- They help the digestion and help you lose weight
- Cucumbers improve your nails and hair.
- They keep your breath fresh and your gums healthy
- They can also prevent damage of the skin due to sunbathing
- They eliminate the dark circles under your eyes.
- They treat hangover.
Recipes made with cucumbers:
Recipe number one
- cucumber (2 cups, finely chopped)
- tomatoes (½ a cup)
- chopped onion (¼ cup)
- Greek yogurt (¼ cup)
- lime juice (1 ½ teaspoon)
- lemon juice (1 ½ teaspoon)
- chopped parsley (2 tablespoons) (fresh)
- garlic clove (one)
- chili (two)
- ground cumin (¼ teaspoon)
- sea salt (¼ teaspoon)
First, mix the ingredients in a big bowl. Leave this for a while and then add this on a toast (whole grain).
Recipe number 2
Sassy water recipe – helps you to lose weight, fights against stomach bloating and eases the GI track.
- medium cucumber, (one) (thinly sliced peeled)
- lemon, (one, medium) (thinly sliced)
- spearmint leaves (twelve, small)
- water (two liters – 8 ½ cups)
- freshly grated ginger (one teaspoon)
Use a larger pitcher. Mix the ingredients and leave this potion until the next morning. The flavors will blend.
You can drink the refreshing beverage during the whole day.