Nowadays, many manufacturers of natural ingredients use pesticides so that they could control pests. They are used everywhere, on any plant. Pesticides are used on roads, in agricultural fields, homes, forests, buildings, parks and schools. Sadly, they are also present in our food, water and the air we breathe.
We might think that filtering our water is the perfect thing we could do to get rid of those chemicals. Many people also buy organic fruits and vegetables, but that’s not enough.
Did you know that a recent research managed to prove that very high levels of pesticides are included into some extremely popular tea brands, like Tetley, Lipton and Twinings?
A recent research performed by the CBC News examined the greatest tea-manufacturing companies and examined the level of pesticides present in them:
- Red Rose
- King Cole
- No Name
- Jasmine Green Tea as well as Green Tea by Uncle Lee’s Legends of China
- Lipton (Pure Green Tea and Yellow Label Black Tea)
The method was the same one that the National Food Inspection Agency used. They examined dry tea leaves and whether they had pesticide residue.
According to the results, half of the teas had higher than normal pesticide residues! 8 out of 10 teas were filled with some dangerous chemicals. There was even a tea brand that contained 22 different pesticides!
The most dangerous ones are endosulfan and monocrotophos which will soon be banned in several countries.
Pesticides can cause numerous health problems like: headaches, nausea, cancer, reproductive harm, hormone disruption etc..
If we’re exposed to toxic chemicals, medicines, environmental pollutions, processed food etc., the organ that will suffer the most is our liver. Try to use wildcrafted loose leaf or organic tea.
Here Are The Tea Brands With The Highest Levels Of Pesticides:
This brand was filled with several pesticides like monocrotophos which could cause involuntary defecation, irregular heartbeat and coma!
Green Tea by Uncle Lee’s Legends of China
This one was filled with more than 20 various pesticides, like endosulfan. It can cause dangerous effects on our nervous system and cause tremors and death in the worst case!
There are 10 types of pesticides which cause different negative health effects.
The only tea brand without pesticides was Red Rose.
Try to avoid these tea brands and buy the ones without pesticides!
These Are Some Advice That Could Help You Choose The Healthiest Tea Blend:
- Avoid tea bags which are transparent or have windows. This could cause oxidation and lower their shelf life. Keep your tea into light-free and air-sealed containers so that you could preserve their freshness and power.
- Try to buy teas with the help of herbalists, naturopathic doctors or tea specialists. They will know the right thing for you. For example, Wild Leaf Active Tea is composed by a team of herbalists and tea connoisseurs which create their products.
- Try to find brands which contain loose-leaf or whole leaf tea since their ingredients are of very high quality. You’ll be able to use all of their health benefits!
- Make sure you buy organic ingredients so that you don’t intake pesticides.Source:dailyhealthkeeper.com