Long-term exposure to toxins (industrial waste, heavy metals, pesticides, preservatives, cancer-causing chemicals, and environmental pollutants) may affect your overall health and well-being.
Among their potentially adverse effects, these toxins may build up in your system, prevent weight loss, and lead to disease. Long-term exposure to toxins might increase your risk of stroke, heart disease, neurological disease, or even cancer.
It may lead to a compromised immune system, making you prone to colds and flu and affecting your productivity and quality of life. It may affect your body’s ability to burn fat, contributing to weight gain.
It may also lead to lack of energy, fatigue, brain fog, sleep problems, digestive problems, headaches, joint pain, headaches, skin problems, dark circles around the eyes, and more.
But, detoxification is an effective way to clear your body of toxins, boost your metabolism, boost your energy, restore your vitality, prevent weight gain, and improve your overall health. It’s about cleansing and nourishing your body from the inside out. It’s about removing toxins and feeding your body with healthy nutrients.
The following 2-day detox plan may help detox your lymph, lungs, liver, intestines, and kidneys.
You should do the detox 2 times a year. You should also stay well-hydrated; drink birch, nettle and dandelion tea; get regular exercise; and try to reduce your stress for maximum benefits.
2-Day (Weekend) Detox Plan
Drink 250 ml of lukewarm water every morning, on an empty stomach.
– Breakfast: 200 ml of almond milk or diet yogurt, 250 ml of green tea or Greek yogurt, ½ cup of fresh blueberries, 1 cup of oat flakes and 1 tbsp. of linseed, and warm water
– Lunch: A slice of melon, a small banana, 2 cups of salad (arugula and tomato), 250 grilled hake, Swiss chard, potato and olive oil, and 250 ml of water
– Snack: 180 ml of yogurt, ¼ cup of pumpkin seeds, 1 apple, and 250 ml of water
– Dinner: Smoothie (apple, banana, celery and spinach), ½ cup of steamed vegetables (broccoli and spinach), and 250 ml of anise tea or water
– Breakfast: 200 ml of almond milk or diet yogurt, 1 cup of oat flakes, 1 tbsp. of linseed, green tea, and 1 pear
– Lunch: 150 g of pickles, 200 g of grilled chicken, vegetable soup (celery, onion, carrot, potato, beans and pepper), and 250 ml of water
– Snack: Grapefruit
– Dinner: Smoothie (cucumber, kale, spinach, berries, banana and almonds), carrots and beets with lemon juice, and nettle tea